Looking for a future....

Status
Not open for further replies.

KptClutch

Beta member
Hey guys, this is my first post. I'm sorry if this is usually a pretty common question but I didn't have much time to search for a thread like this. I'm 21 years old and have always been very gifted with computers. They have always made sense to me. I breezed through all technology, web design and computer animation courses in high school. Unfortunatley, I never really challenged myself to advance my capabilities through further education. Now here I am. In debt at the age of 21 (Not TOO bad, lol....due to restoring a 1968 GTO) and looking for a future in something that I love. I know that most of you are going to respond with "take your *** back to school" or whatever. Like I said, Debt is the devil. Which is why I'm stuck at my family business right now. I guess I'm just looking for guidence....where do I start? Certifications and maybe progress into a better job in the IT field? Do I (PLEASE GOD NO) sell my beloved GTO to get out of debt and then take my *** back to school.......or do I submerge myself into depression again, lol. Just kidding. Don't laugh guys, I really need some guidence here.

-Justin

Go for the certs. They will get you needed education just by studying for them and they look great on a resume. Take night classes toward your degree. At least an associates. Don't be in a big rush to get done. Keep your feelers out and see if you can land a lowly PC tech job or heldesk job while you continue getting what you need.
Don't sell the goat. You'll hate yourself for the rest of your life. I had a '69 Mustang fastback that I considered my first born child. I still hope I will find it someday and buy it back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom