Jobs requiring A+ certification

Status
Not open for further replies.

malakh

Baseband Member
Hi everyone. I see a lot of threads asking about which way to go with certifications, degrees, etc. However, I know what I am doing in that aspect. I'm studying for my A+ (Essentials, IT Technician) at the moment and am also in college right now working on my BS in Computer Information Systems with a Business minor (already had the classes as I was previously a Management major).

I am needing to get a full time job, however, and can't remain a full time student. What is the best place to look for entry level IT positions that only require A+ and about 6 months official experience working with computers?

PS I live in the Kansas City area so if anybody is from around here and knows of a good location to start, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Malakh

I put my resume on Monster and Careerbuilder and within 30 minutes, somebody calls me that represents H&R Block. It would be a help desk position from December until April. With only an A+ certification, is it realistic to hope to find a full time position to go to after April?

Thank,
Malakh

Congrats, wish I had that good of luck...

It really depends Mal, honestly for something like H&R probably not, they hire a light of seasonal work for the tax season and unless you do an outstanding job and really show someone with power that you would be a good permanent fit it may just be temporary.

Gotta start somewhere, I say go for it if it fits what you were looking for (minus the temp).

Yea, I'm not expecting to stay with them, but is it realistic to hope to find another job that I can go to after my time is up there?

Jeez right now there would be no way to tell. The economy sucks and probably will suck for the next year. You'll definately be able to get another job, just can't guarantee it will be in the field of your choice - know what i mean.

A good place to apply other than the career type websites are the local school districts, i got a job with my local district as an it tech have my a+ and net+, but at least one person doesnt even have the a+, hope that helps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom