IT JOBS IN DEMAND??

Status
Not open for further replies.

timmyjo81

Baseband Member
Ok whenever I google jobs in demand IT is usually listed as being in demand now and for the future with a projected 40-50% job increase...
Is this true ? doesnt seem very true to me, I live in chicago and have been checking job sites to see if alot of IT jobs are available and there doesnt seem to be a whole bunch..

Who is projecting these increases? LEt me guess, the technical institutions that are trying to sell you that degree or certification...

THe only IT jobs i've seen that are increasing are network and server jobs. And even those are NOT 40 to 50 percent, that is a bit rediculous and those numbers are definately fudged.

If you want to know the true growth in an industry you need to look at the bls.gov or some other certified agency who's main goal is research, not sell you a degree or certification.

Well it was some aspect of comp networking that was at a 40-50% increase but this is from now til 2014 or something i believe. and it wasnt nationwide, just in ILLINOIS. Payscale has network/system admin listed. but i forget which site i found the 40-50% on..

The problem is that IT is broad subject. Are we talking the computer techie that comes to your house and fixes computers. Or are we talking about a network admin that looks have a multilocation world wide corporate netowrk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom