Job hunting places

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chankama

Fully Optimized
Hey guys. I am gonna start applying for a job soon.

I can work as a programmer (low level, network, etc.) and fields related to signal processing, or security and such. Any ideas where I should apply to? Job sites, search engines, companies you know of that are hiring etc.

btw, I am in Canada. And I would like to stay in Canada if possible.

i posted a resume on hotjobs (yahoo) right after i graduated college. Just recently, I'm getting a bunch of recruiting offices calling me about temp to perm jobs or contract work.

there's also a tech-careers link at the top of this page.

Awesome. From good companies and such? What kind of contract work are you hearing about? (duration wise)

one was phone help desk for 3 months then they promoted you into a specific team such as exchange, SQL, etc. I took the interview, but didnt get a call back. I would have to relocate to get the job. Big Big company, over 600,000 users all over the US, NHI i think was the name in parsipanny NJ. I'd be closing around 60-80 calls a day.

just recently, a lady called me saying she had a job for upgrading servers. Since I already had a job she didnt go into details.

there was a Bank One offer for help desk I which would be mainly password resets for 6 months with the opportunity of promotions to lvl II & III & manager.

csamuels:

I'm in Canada as well as Chankama and after I registered on monster.com I also started to get emails and calls from... the US. Nothing from Canada whatsoever, no matter what web site.

Chankama:

I myself graduated from a Comp Sci program this February. Since then I got job and got laid off. I've got a lot of job search experience but beats me if I know about any system. It's all purely accidental and depends on good luck.

Chankama, crazzycloe and other Canadians:

This doesn't specifically apply to either of you because it is not programming related but I'm wondering - what sites do you generally go to to look for work? The reason I ask is that I am retiring from the computer field and want to sell my business in Canada.

Job sites like Monster won't post this sort of thing because I'm not hiring as such and I don't think that many people go to the "biz-for-sale" sites. Do you search mostly job sites like Workopolis or would you ever look in online classifieds for a newspaper in your target city?

Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom