JK0-701 & 702 vs 220-701 & 702, Whats the difference?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toasty411

Baseband Member
Hello everyone, its been a long time since I've been to this forum. This forum helped me assemble my first desktop PC and its still going strong to this day.

Now the question I have today is, my friend has gotten vouchers for the 601 and 602 tests from his school and has just recently learned that they are getting shutdown this August.

Now I have decided to go and take the 2009 editions and have been studying ever since. The website where he signs up at for the exams is at Pearson VUE

Now when I am signed in there. They're 2 choices for the 701 and 702 exams. JK0-701, JK0-702, and 220-701, 220-702.

The JK0 exams are about $75 each where the 220 exams are $168
I have heard the JK0 set is for educational purposes, but what does that mean?

Here is a picture of the two on the website. Is there a difference between the two?

I guess I cant code yet.....

Can anyone give me some insight on what which one I would want? Google couldnt come up with anything with my search terms, but it does now that I have made this post :)

So if you guys could answer this that would great thanks.

The JK0 means that is for testing for education wise, meaning if you take the test you won't get a ceritication for A+.

The 701-220 702-220 is the test you want to take which will make you a certificed IT technician.
Be highly aware though that you must study for that test like I am doing now.
You may be a bit younger than me and your mind can hold much more knowledged than mine can.
I would recommend you study for atleast 2-3 weeks in a row to get fully ready.
Last time I took the A+ certification was 2006, it was simple but not easy to do, I scored over 87% on the test, but **** college told me at the last minute they couldn't pay for testing, which put me in a bad jam for the past 2 years now.

If you want, I can send you a comptia study guide in pdf format I bought last night, keep in mind it's about over 900 pages long, also it's the 2009 version as well.

The JK0 means that is for testing for education wise, meaning if you take the test you won't get a ceritication for A+.

The 701-220 702-220 is the test you want to take which will make you a certificed IT technician.
Be highly aware though that you must study for that test like I am doing now.
You may be a bit younger than me and your mind can hold much more knowledged than mine can.
I would recommend you study for atleast 2-3 weeks in a row to get fully ready.
Last time I took the A+ certification was 2006, it was simple but not easy to do, I scored over 87% on the test, but **** college told me at the last minute they couldn't pay for testing, which put me in a bad jam for the past 2 years now.

If you want, I can send you a comptia study guide in pdf format I bought last night, keep in mind it's about over 900 pages long, also it's the 2009 version as well.

I have a PDF as well its about a 1000 pages ive been reading through slowly thats for the 2009 edition. I know most of everything except for individual details such as RAM Speeds, CPU sockets, and some other legacy stuff. But I stumbled a cross another website that has told me quite a bit.

ProProfs Forums -> A+ Essentials

This is a forum dedicated to A+ essentials. While Ive seen that its against the rules to talk about tests people will give you a brief opinions about the exams and whats on them.

Professor Messer's Free 220-70x CompTIA A+ Training Course | Professor Messer
This is a great site for videos about certain things and gives very good examples.

I have a PDF as well its about a 1000 pages ive been reading through slowly thats for the 2009 edition. I know most of everything except for individual details such as RAM Speeds, CPU sockets, and some other legacy stuff. But I stumbled a cross another website that has told me quite a bit.

ProProfs Forums -> A+ Essentials

This is a forum dedicated to A+ essentials. While Ive seen that its against the rules to talk about tests people will give you a brief opinions about the exams and whats on them.

Professor Messer's Free 220-70x CompTIA A+ Training Course | Professor Messer
This is a great site for videos about certain things and gives very good examples.

Thanks for the info but I don't think I'll need those, besides that I ordered some certified comptia testing material and next week I will buy Mike Myers book, I heard his book is excellent and easy to understand.
Anyway take those 2 tests I mentioned to you and should be fine, be aware both tests are going to be a total of 340.00 with tax.

Good luck dude.

Thanks for the info but I don't think I'll need those, besides that I ordered some certified comptia testing material and next week I will buy Mike Myers book, I heard his book is excellent and easy to understand.
Anyway take those 2 tests I mentioned to you and should be fine, be aware both tests are going to be a total of 340.00 with tax.

Good luck dude.

Im a little interested in the PDF you have, would you mind if I took a look at it?

Nope I don't mind at all, check your profile in about 5 minutes, once you have the link I posted please get rid of it so that other people can't download it and I end up in trouble with ebay and the seller. ;)

Nope I don't mind at all, check your profile in about 5 minutes, once you have the link I posted please get rid of it so that other people can't download it and I end up in trouble with ebay and the seller. ;)

Cheers, also repped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom