Interview Tommorow

Status
Not open for further replies.

BASSMASTER

Daemon Poster
I have an interview tommrow, first one since I got my A+.
This is the first IT job I've even had an interview for, I'm very nervous, any suggestions?

Dress appropriately,you don't have to wear a suit and tie but use common sense what is appropriate and not, always carry a copy of your resume and references neatly in a portfolio. Try to arrive early like 10 or 15min but not too early else you'll be to tired waiting, you want to look energetic and make a good first impression and not look so impatience.

Always sit up straight and eye contact when speaking is a good sign that your're a good listener.

Before you leave the interview request a business card from the interviewer, this indicate that you are interested in the job. But don't look to desperate ;)

Use common sense that's all I have to say, some of the rule I learn in college don't even apply much today. Times have change so has people.

Do research about the company before hand. Know their products inside out (well, as much as is available). Ask smart questions, don't give "suggestions" that are beyond your job title..

e.g. a programmer saying he is not happy with the "direction" the company is taking.

Thanks for your help guys, I appreciate it.

The interview went pretty well. It was 3 people in the room at one end of the table and then me on the other end. They threw a couple of technical questions like "what would do if" at me. I knew the answers and fielded them o.k, but I was a little surprised and had a brain freeze.

They basicallly said they would have an offer for me, so I'm anxiously awaiting!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom