Information Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't mean to thread hi jack..

if Information Systems deals with lower levels of programming.. is job availibility, and salary not great in comparison to a computer engineer or computer science major?

Engineering is a very rigorous major, I'm currently a second year computer engineer. Your life will be filled with math and science, so you have to be ready to take the plunge; if you aren't willing to dedicate yourself to the subject than pick something else.

My class has lost about 33% of its students so far, probably more actually. And truthfully, most students that I have come in contact with seem to be struggling with the information and I suspect they won't be going too far.

In my first year at UW-Madison.

Not exactly sure what to major in. Of course I'd like to do something with computers...

Computer Science requires too many math courses... I hate math.
Computer Engineering requires too much math and science... I hate science.

So I was thinking about Info Systems... not really sure what it is... I've tried to read up on it, but I think I need it explained to me in simple terms. I've heard it's kind of a more practical CS...

Anyone care to give me a brief summary of what exactly it is? What kind of jobs would it lead to? Thoughts about it? Worth pursuing? Anyone know about what kind of salaries it offers?

I am majoring in Managing Information Systems and i think this can open up wider branches for you. I studied IT but working as an Online marketer. I do search optimization which is miles away from my course. Ofcourse, i could have gone to roles of system administrator, analyst, e-commerce roles, etc.

What i feel is, sometimes you don't get what you desire but you still manage to find something that suits you.I never thought that i am gonna be online marketer but I love this field.

If you enjoy what you do, better you do it rather sticking to something else.

Cheers.

I am majoring in Managing Information Systems and i think this can open up wider branches for you. I studied IT but working as an Online marketer. I do search optimization which is miles away from my course. Ofcourse, i could have gone to roles of system administrator, analyst, e-commerce roles, etc.

What i feel is, sometimes you don't get what you desire but you still manage to find something that suits you.I never thought that i am gonna be online marketer but I love this field.

If you enjoy what you do, better you do it rather sticking to something else.

Cheers.

Well said, Micky. That is all anyone should hope for. If you like what you are doing then that is success and reward enough, to me anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom