@IT industry professionals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tadow

In Runtime
What would you recommend doing? Go for either the CCNA or MCSE? The place I currently work is pretty much all Microsoft but on the other hand I don't want to stay at that place forever either. I have a degree in CIS but want to keep learning and getting certified wherever I can for the experience in general and also because I think it will look better on my resume and help me advance.

Is the CCNA more general networking while MCSE is more Microsoft only stuff? Which is more preferred overall within the industry?

Should I do the Network+ comptia one first or would I just be able to straight out pass it after I did the CCNA or MCSE?

I just wanted to get some thoughts and suggestions.

thanks

I would recommend getting Microsoft certified before anything else. i am assuming you have your A+ cert?

I would recommend getting Microsoft certified before anything else. i am assuming you have your A+ cert?

Yeah I just finished that one a couple weeks ago.

So you think the MCSE would be more advantageous than CCNA?

Get as many as you can. Even if you think it is a lame cert, it looks good on the resume. Net+ would be a good warm up for the Cisco exam.

Yes Microsoft is a good one... Ultimately Experience is by far the best. But Certs are a good way to prove your knowledge as well.

Yeah I think I've decided to work on my MCSE now...

Should I do the NET+ before this though because the MCSE is like 5 tests or so that I will have to study for?

I just want to go through all the certs as efficiently as I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom