i want to get my a+

Status
Not open for further replies.
A+ at the age of 15 is impressive. I got mine when I was 17, then got network + and now am partailly done w/ mcse. A+ and network+ didn't get me anything. I couldn't even get interviews until I graduated highschool, but still didn't get even a decent entry level job out of it. Go ahead and get the certifications, but also get a degree. Just by being in college i get job offers now.

Well, I'm starting to feel like an old man after reading these posts. I love computers, but I have never had any formal training, I've read books and built my own computers and fixed my families computers. I'm 31 and I really would like to get certified because I love to learn about computers. I really wish that I would have started earlier!

Is there any hope for an old guy like me?

dkeefe said:
Well, I'm starting to feel like an old man after reading these posts. I love computers, but I have never had any formal training, I've read books and built my own computers and fixed my families computers. I'm 31 and I really would like to get certified because I love to learn about computers. I really wish that I would have started earlier!

Hey don't worry, i just got my A+ and i'm 28. Theres always hope and certification is all good stuff but don't forget all the other stuff that you have in your favour, for instance an employer may prefer an employee around 30 as opposed to 15, it will always depend on the company and what they want.

dkeefe said:

No worries, if you work hard at it you can get a whole bunch of certs under your belt within a year e.g. MCDST, MCSA
Certifications don't take that long to get, you can do an exam every 4-6 weeks if you really go for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom