i want to get my a+

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigr5026

Banned
ok, i want to get my A+ but im only 15

Will this spark any problems

I really want to go and get it, so i can have a half decent job throughout college ect.

Any imput?

bigr5026 said:
ok, i want to get my A+ but im only 15

Will this spark any problems

I really want to go and get it, so i can have a half decent job throughout college ect.

Any imput?

15!!! You may be to old to get it. Check the guidelines. Just kidding, I think most people now a days get their A+ around your age anyway. So ofcourse it is fine. Whether or not it will really help you is another problem :).

its not that hard of a test, alot of usless information that you need to memerize though.

Yah, I got mine last year when I was 15, but it was offered through school. Your best bet is to go to Comptia.com and look for a registered testing center near you, contact them as to if and when you can, and for how much, then just grab yourself a study guide of some sort and just start remembering a bunch of useless charts and whatnot. Hope this helps.

A+ is like computer kindergarden lol dont sweat it. and i dont know alot of 15 year olds that have it cuz i dont know where a 15 year old gets 300 bucks for a test tho.

nothing in A+ is useless really, you have to know background stuff before you can go deeper into the field.

True, I realize that a lot of it is pretty important to know, but i mean like i don't know the IRQ's and memory addresses and everything right off the top of my head, that kind of stuff is more what I'm talking about, it's not useless, but you most likely won't remember it for very long.

King X13 said:
A+ is like computer kindergarden lol dont sweat it. and i dont know alot of 15 year olds that have it cuz i dont know where a 15 year old gets 300 bucks for a test tho.

nothing in A+ is useless really, you have to know background stuff before you can go deeper into the field.

my father (divorced live with mom) said he will pay for it as he is sick of hiring people at almost 100$ a hour to fix his ****

deelip said:
I may be shameless to ask that. But i dont know what actually a+ is?

certification

google it

i know you may ask, but look into it if your looking into a tech career

Yes and no.

The fact that you're 15 isn't really a problem. But you said for a decent job during college, and I'm assuming that's 3-4 years down the road. A few employers may nitpick that your certification is so old (IE no Vista knowledge, etc). But to be honest they should be few and far between.

Also depends ALOT on what you consider a decent job. A+ never really netted me a job higher than 10-12 bucks an hour.

I recommend, get the A+ done, and work on a few more certs over the next couple years such as MCSE's and such, then you'll be prepped for a good job.

Good luck :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom