I Need Change.

So, I'm told to go to Apple.com/Jobs, and look for anything that's labeled "At Home Advisor". He lives in Oregon but applied for 9 positions in the entire West half of the country. Good luck!

I've got a few friends that work with Apple from home. Pay generally (in our area) starts around $15/hr. They provide all training and the iMac that you'll need to use. You only have to provide the headset, if I recall correctly. Great place to start out, for sure. There's plenty of opportunity for advancement within the company as well, if you're willing to relocate.

I've got a few friends that work with Apple from home. Pay generally (in our area) starts around $15/hr. They provide all training and the iMac that you'll need to use. You only have to provide the headset, if I recall correctly. Great place to start out, for sure. There's plenty of opportunity for advancement within the company as well, if you're willing to relocate.
Very cool. I'll really have to look into it. So does pay vary by location then? Not sure it would matter all that much. It is remote IT support. Like I have said my local church uses Mac and I have gotten decent with them since using them. They had one mac that was password protected and no one could get into it. Out of a church of 500 I was the only person willing to tackle it... Got into it, changed the password, and then upgraded their ram while I was at it.... Lol they really needed it for what they were using it. So software, hardware. I can really do whatever. I'm not afraid of learning new things. I honestly thrive on that.

Help Desk roles usually start around 12-15/hr
When I started at Cargill it was $17, 6 months later I got moved up to $22 then from there it can go higher if you move to a higher tier of support or different role.
Different States do matter, a role that pays around 60k a year over here in MN pays around 45-50 in Orlando.

Help Desk roles usually start around 12-15/hr
When I started at Cargill it was $17, 6 months later I got moved up to $22 then from there it can go higher if you move to a higher tier of support or different role.
Different States do matter, a role that pays around 60k a year over here in MN pays around 45-50 in Orlando.
Great information to know! I lived outside of Orlando for about a year and now I'm back around Cincinnati, Ohio/ Dayton, Ohio. Pay does seem to differ a little a lot I have seen near me is 12-13 for help desk.

Last edited:
So my friend that told me about the Apple jobs said that he'd put himself in as a reference for you if you'd like. He's in very good standing, so if you think it might be something you'd care to pursue I can follow-up.

So my friend that told me about the Apple jobs said that he'd put himself in as a reference for you if you'd like. He's in very good standing, so if you think it might be something you'd care to pursue I can follow-up.
Wow let me spruce up my resume and I would definitely love that!!

Apple would be a good start to get your customer service skills in.
Customer service is huge in Help Desk Support.
Many geeks out there however not all of them know how to communicate with the world.

Back
Top Bottom