I am interested in obtaining A+ certification

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anything from Mike Meyers is a winner in my book.

As for studying, i don't know how fast your read or what your skill level is. Say the book is 700 pages long, you should be able to read around 50 pages a night on days you work, then around 100 or so on the days you don't work. So you should be done reading in about 2 weeks. Then I would take practice exams that come with the book for the next week to see what you are 'weak' in. Then in the last week review and study those tough areas.

Lex,

I like your suggested plan of attack! Sounds like a winner way to do it.

Thanks again and I'll be putting my nose to the books for the next few weeks.

Have a good one!

Soar

I took the 701 last week it was pretty easy I got a 820 on it first try, now i need to go and take the 702, which Im scared of lol. My networking is horrible :*( but anyway I suggest using this to study and has practice exams
MCSE, SCJP, CCNA, PMP, CompTIA, A+, Network+, OCP, Security+, Practice Test -uCertify guarantees you pass or your money back. And you guys are right I didnt take the test seriously the first time, I did not study or anything, lol. But after the first try I knew this wasnt something to take lightly lol

Mike,

Thanks for the heads up...I looked at the uCertify prep kits you suggested...

Ok, I hope you do not mind my asking you a couple of questions...

1. Did you attempt to pass the A+ without much study and if so, what was your score?

2. Did you use all the uCertify prep kit [flash cards, short tutorials, study notes, articles, exam tips, etc.]

3. How many days/weeks did you study and how many hours per day/night [or, what was your estimated total amount of hours of study]?

Thank you,

Soar

Mike,

Thanks for the heads up...I looked at the uCertify prep kits you suggested...

Ok, I hope you do not mind my asking you a couple of questions...

1. Did you attempt to pass the A+ without much study and if so, what was your score?

2. Did you use all the uCertify prep kit [flash cards, short tutorials, study notes, articles, exam tips, etc.]

3. How many days/weeks did you study and how many hours per day/night [or, what was your estimated total amount of hours of study]?

Thank you,

Soar

Naw I dont mind at all. Well first I did study a lot, (or I call it a lot) I studied every day for 3 weeks for a min. of 3 hrs. I only did the exams, I did not use the flash cards and etc. I took the 2006 version before as well, I attempted that 3 times :*( the first time I did not study at all and my score was 540, the other two times I got a 650 or somewhere around there, just barely didnt pass. I studied for the wrong thing really, I was remember IRQ's and etc and what socket cpu went to what, and the different ram speeds and etc. And when I took the test there was like nothing on it. Heres some things you def need to know.

1. Longest lasting battery

2. the shortest battery

3. what does a multimeter measure

I have seen those in like every test I took lol. But Im going to tell you know, the ucertify has some questions that is WORD FOR WORD off the test lol. Another good one is visual cert exam its only 25 buxs for the program and you can open up like virtual test. I have a exam that has at least 100 word for word questions, that I can send to you if you like. But yea keep me updated on your progress. Im going to take the 702 in 2 weeks or so.

Naw I dont mind at all. Well first I did study a lot, (or I call it a lot) I studied every day for 3 weeks for a min. of 3 hrs. I only did the exams, I did not use the flash cards and etc. I took the 2006 version before as well, I attempted that 3 times :*( the first time I did not study at all and my score was 540, the other two times I got a 650 or somewhere around there, just barely didnt pass. I studied for the wrong thing really, I was remember IRQ's and etc and what socket cpu went to what, and the different ram speeds and etc. And when I took the test there was like nothing on it. Heres some things you def need to know.

2. the shortest battery

I have seen those in like every test I took lol. But Im going to tell you know, the ucertify has some questions that is WORD FOR WORD off the test lol. Another good one is visual cert exam its only 25 buxs for the program and you can open up like virtual test. I have a exam that has at least 100 word for word questions, that I can send to you if you like. But yea keep me updated on your progress. Im going to take the 702 in 2 weeks or so.

Mike,

Thanks again for your help. I really like how the company you went with [uCertify] guarantees that you pass the A+ the first time or money back...wow, they seem very sure people will pass when using their prep kit.

Soar

A lot of companies make that claim because they make their study material way harder than the test. You'll find that with most books and materials you use. Reason is if you buy someones book, read it and don't pass the test you are going to tell everyone that the book sucked. So in the spirit of marketing they make the material way harder than the exam so that if you get say a 700 on their exams, you're bound to probably get around 800 on the actual test.

Hooray for marketing...

A lot of companies make that claim because they make their study material way harder than the test. You'll find that with most books and materials you use. Reason is if you buy someones book, read it and don't pass the test you are going to tell everyone that the book sucked. So in the spirit of marketing they make the material way harder than the exam so that if you get say a 700 on their exams, you're bound to probably get around 800 on the actual test.

Hooray for marketing...

Lex,

Wow! I never heard of that before...

Thanks for helping me to understand how it works!

Soar

2. the shortest battery

Mike, can you send me that exam that has the 100 word for word questions please?

Thanks,

Soar

Do A+ (and other certs) expire? / do you have to keep retaking the tests every few years to renew them?

They do not expire. They say 'valid through X date' on them and they have a date, but they never expire. With the new exams they have an updgrade test you can take to stay current, but it isn't required in order for you to say 'i'm A+ certified'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom