How to start a hosting business?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mchype14

Beta member
hi all, two friends and i want to start a hosting biz and i am the techie guy of the group so ill be the one that has to deal with the servers and such. we will prob start out with reseller packages at first, then move to vps, then dedicated server.

thats all fine, but what exactly do i need to know in order to START with the biz? what code languages do i need to learn? what OS's do i need to learn? how can i learn how to manage servers quickly? where would i find this information? an exact place please. im quite tired of people always telling me to google things. Google is my best friend alot of the time, but i cant use it for everything that i need to find. so can someone point me to a specific source? or can someone suggest some books? not ebooks (i cant teach myself from those). or are there any online courses for free or darn near free that will teach how to manage servers? and possibly the coding that may be needed for such a task?

how about starting with a business plan?

Inc.com's Start-up Guide: How to Structure a Business Plan

who's your target market? what's your competative advantage? who are your competitiors?

edit - SCORE is another great resource

About SCORE | SCORE

What Can SCORE Do For You?
SCORE can give you a personal business coach to help you with every step of your business. Whether you are a longtime owner of a floral shop in your hometown or managing a new temporary employment agency–we can be a resource for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom