How to get started.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PadaWaN5

Baseband Member
Hey all I am wondering how can i get started in computer design etc. I am only 13 years old and If your going to flame me please dont post anything, that irritates me a lot. I am wondering on how can i get into computer design. I would sooner or later want to get parts and make mty own computer but i know it regquires educationmal courses does anyone knw what I can do to start. Are there any camps for this stuff?

At your age, I believe purchasing a book and reading it would be your best bet. I don't mean that in a flaming sense, just that some classes may have age requirments OR may only be offered during times of the day when you have school.

Can you elaborate more on computer design - then maybe we can point you in a better direction. Do you mean graphic design, computer building, circutry design?

At your age, I believe purchasing a book and reading it would be your best bet. I don't mean that in a flaming sense, just that some classes may have age requirments OR may only be offered during times of the day when you have school.

Can you elaborate more on computer design - then maybe we can point you in a better direction. Do you mean graphic design, computer building, circutry design?

Thats not what I ment by flaming :). I meant was "Dude your too young your never going to get into it if your that young" Thats what i meant.
I would like to learn more on Computer Building. And in Highschool IM in 8th grade at middle school, but in highschool do they have computer building classes

Okay computer building, my suggestion would be the same. Go purchase a book or two from Borders and read them. Then as you are reading it and aquire each skill try it out yourself.

You really should go the A+ Certification route IMO, pickup a book or two by an author by the name of Mike Meyers.

Okay computer building, my suggestion would be the same. Go purchase a book or two from Borders and read them. Then as you are reading it and aquire each skill try it out yourself.

You really should go the A+ Certification route IMO, pickup a book or two by an author by the name of Mike Meyers.

Could you help me find an online book, and or webpage, and can u alos help me find a camp ive searched around a little bit (The camp needs to be in massachusettts or sourthern new hampshire
While i wait to get a ride to borders.

While you might be able to find stuff online, honestly most of the stuff you find for free online (camps, seminars, web tutorials) I would stay away from. I would seriously question the validity of their questions or study materials. They are starting to update the certification on a semi regular basis (every 3 to 4 years) and every time I found stuff online it was from older test materials.

Go to Barns & Noble, Boarders, or your local library. Heck, go purchase one off Amazon if you want.

While you might be able to find stuff online, honestly most of the stuff you find for free online (camps, seminars, web tutorials) I would stay away from. I would seriously question the validity of their questions or study materials. They are starting to update the certification on a semi regular basis (every 3 to 4 years) and every time I found stuff online it was from older test materials.

Go to Barns & Noble, Boarders, or your local library. Heck, go purchase one off Amazon if you want.

You can get it at your local library i need ot check it out.. Also, I got a old comp at home Would it be safe if i take it apart. We dont use it anymore. But i heard in some technologies they let off this tihng that can give you a disease

There is zero tolerance for flaming on these forums. You don't have to worry about any of that. An A+ course would be the best option for you. It allows you to get hands on experience which is a must for any starting computer builder. Books are good but they can only teach so much.

There is zero tolerance for flaming on these forums. You don't have to worry about any of that. An A+ course would be the best option for you. It allows you to get hands on experience which is a must for any starting computer builder. Books are good but they can only teach so much.

Do you know any A+ courses that I can go to and remember im 13 turning 14 in April

I believe most places take any age. Try checking out CompTIA it seems like they have a a lot of A+ training courses in many parts of the US.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom