Hi all, new on the block, need some advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

amdextreme

Beta member
Hello all, well here it is, i have my own business still pretty new, repairing, networking, building, etc...computers, I have this one account with a company size of 20 employee,s to date,,they have two seperate offices, the one office i already have networked together, ran win xp pro on all the pc,s, set security policies, passwords etc. that is going okay, i actually had one of the owners saying that the other office was complaing about me and questioning my knowledge of computers, etc. the owner wasnt to worried about it, well i told her more than once that i cannot have them always changing their id,s and passwords, i suggested they network that office as well, a few times, then they call me to go troubleshoot a computer and finding out they change the passwords again, now i know i can get in without their passwords, but i shouldnt have to, then i have this one lady there who thinks a hard drive is memory, lol, and she tries to tell me how to work on the pc,s over at the other office, lol, now granted i am being very patient, but as i have said to the owner before, the office needs to be networked, upgraded, and security policies set in place, and i dont really want to have them question my abilities, its ridiculous, if anyone has some real world experience or suggestions, i would really appreciate it, being i am not sure how to handle this whole thing,,,thanks all, looking forward to future discussions.......

so i guess we're focusing on this other office. how are they setup? sounds like standalone machines.

if you want them to "network, upgrade, and set security policies", then plan the network, get it on paper, and pitch it to upper management. be sure to include the advantages of the new systems

hi and thanks for your reply, actually i did do the networking plan, they told me they wanted to wait,,something i thought about to, is i get a lot of calls on how to use microsoft word, printers etc...i feel they should have hired people with some micrsoft office experience, there are only 2 employee,s that i know of that are pretty efficient with it, basically what i am dealing with is user errors, being put on me, as a scapegoat, is not cool, i know i still have a lot to learn,,,thanks i will keep you all updated, should be interesting,,,,Joe S.

yea, what csamuels said, note the advantages of networking the PC's together and applying security policies. One big advantage would probably be how it would save the company money. eg:One printer shared on the network saves company buying individual printers, all computers can access the net via one connection, etc....

Company's like to save as much money as possible, so financial advantages I think would be a big plus!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom