Help with A Major

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yin-Yang

In Runtime
Hello, here is the situation, I have been very into computer my whole life, and now I am comeing to age of collage, when I was trying to choose a major, "Information Technology" crossed my eye. my question is what will this teach me?

will it teach me a bit of everything haveing to do with computers? because I'm looking for a major that, can, and will teach me to Program " Softwear, and Game developement " build computers, manage Data bases, set up networks, and everything else haveing to do with computers.

So would "Information technology" cover all of this?
if not please recomend some that will.

PS I am Very Interested in programming (both Softwear, Games, and Websites) and am preaty much wanting to know all about computers.

Thank you, for your help and I look forward to your Replys.

i think you want a computer science major with concentration in programming. the IT degree is prolly more using computers in a corporate environment. course listings for the said degree should help you with your decisions.

I am a CIT (Computer Information Technology) major at Purdue Univ. Here we have different breakdowns inside the CIT major that you can study. I am currently in NET (Network Engineering Technology), but we also have IS (Information Systems) which deals with mostly software, Database, and a Computer Forensics study. Every university is different, but from my experience, the Computer Science majors are just code monkeys in the end, while Information Technology deals with both hands on and software aspects.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom