HELP! Curriculum for Internetwork Engineering program

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, the credits or degree you earn will be useless. Research some more schools--legit schools and make sure they are accredited. Without the accreditation that degree is about as valuable as what you wipe your butt with

I am more focused on getting as many certs as possible then the degree itself. I have looked around at all the non traditional colleges and the feedback is that pcage has a solid program and curriculum, even reaching out to a few employers. None of them had anything negative to say about pc age and they do not have any ties to the school.

I am more focused on getting as many certs as possible then the degree itself. I have looked around at all the non traditional colleges and the feedback is that pcage has a solid program and curriculum, even reaching out to a few employers. None of them had anything negative to say about pc age and they do not have any ties to the school.

If you don't wish to go to a traditional school.

Go on amazon, and get these books:

Book Recommendations for Information Technology and Electronics Technology Students. (or those interested to just study them)

Windows XP Command Line by Carolyn Z. Gillay & Bette A. Peat

Electronics and Computer Mathematics, 8th Edition, by Bill R Deem.

CompTIA A+ Certification All-in-One Exam Guide, Seventh Edition (Exams 220-701 & 220-702)

Network+ Guide to Networks (Networking (Course Technology))

CompTIA RFID+ Study Guide: Exam RF0-001

RFID+: CompTIA RFID+ Study Guide and Practice Exam (RF0-001)

CCNA: Cisco Certified Network Associate Study Guide: Exam 640-802

CompTIA Security+ All-in-One Exam Guide, Second Edition (Exam SY0-201)

CompTIA Convergence+ Certification Study Guide (Certification Study Guides)

CCENT: Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician Study Guide: ICND1 (Exam 640-822) (Exam 640-822 With CD)

The Associate CET Study Guide 2003 Edition (Examination Study Guide for Professional Electronics Technicians)

CompTIA Linux+ Certification Study Guide (2009 Exam): Exam XK0-003

LPIC-1

CEH Certified Ethical Hacker Study Guide

study them, and then challenge the tests they go too.

That's the best way if you're only trying to get certs.

Also, look into these websites:

http://www.eta-i.org/online_self_study.html

http://www.comptia.org/elearning

You can't get better than that, and you wont even spend a fraction of the amount of money you would otherwise....

How about this? School of Continuing Education Certifications Business Management Career Training ESL - BMCC

this is Manhattan community college continuing education...no credits.

the onlt thing is it costs money out of pocket...not something I can get student loans for and its pretty much just a+ and ccna

But continuing education is assuming you already have the qualifications. Those CE courses are to maintain your certs. not get them.

Also, A+ is not worth $800 in continuing education..... you can go through CompTIA and take A+ continuing education courses for $150

In addition to the CEH book, if security is your thing Go on amazon, and get these books:

Hacking Exposed #6
Amazon.com: Hacking Exposed: Network Security Secrets and Solutions, Sixth Edition (9780071613743): Stuart McClure, Joel Scambray, George Kurtz: Books

Hacking Exposed:Malware and Rootkits
Amazon.com: Hacking Exposed: Malware & Rootkits Secrets &…

great books, and doesn't require a ton of prior knowledge to understand it. They can be tedious at times if the subject matter doesn't interest the reader. These two go into far more depth than the CEH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom