+A Hardware Certification

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyler1989

Fully Optimized
Hello everyone I will be going for my +A Hardware Certification in about 6 months time. I'm a bit worried because the class is for seniors and I'm only a sophomore and I would imagine the certification tests are even challenging for seniors. With $140 a test and the certification consisting of two tests I'm worried if I'm ready. When you took your certification was it hard and what age were you when you took it.

Don't worry A+ is considered the easiest bullshit ever

I cant take cert's in school though :mad:

i think i was 19 when i took the test. i was kinda afraid of it , but once i took it I told myself, damn that was easy. Be sure to study tho.

oh yea, i assume if you read the book and study it aswell as understand it then you will probably pass the test. If your the type who likes to slack off and just try to get by the easy way by not reading the book, you will fail. The test is pure facts, which requires alot of study. My mom studied for it and the book looked like dictinoary lol, 1000 pages long.

The test is strictly book facts. There is lots dealing with the Registry and where certain files are located within the windows structure.

I have taken both my A+ and Network+ tests by just reading the exam book and taking the practice tests 10 times each. I passed with a score of 743 on the Software and 692 on the hardware.

My best suggestion is to read the notes and summary of each chapter... and take as many practice tests so you can get used to the format of the questions. Most of the time, the first answer you think is right... is wrong and their is a better one listed further down. Just read carefully.

I was studying for it, but I got hit with so many projects at work that my studying time became close to 0 and I forgot most of the book stuff I had remembered. I had all this crap memorized that I have never even needed in the Information Technology field. Although this newer version seemed to be more beneficial than the last test.

I should of took it while I was fresh I had all the IRQ's memorized, all the Hex addresses of common devices, every part of a laser, bubble-ink jet, impact printer, serial bus structure and the UART, and troubleshooting. There was some funky questions in the practice tests that I wonder if are in the real tests? It was like, to clean you keyboard it is ok to put it in the dish washer. True or False. They said true and I was like WTF I gotta try that!lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom