hands on experience for the A+ - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Technology > Technology Careers and Education
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2010, 01:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
True Techie

Default hands on experience for the A+

is it true that comtia recommends that you have 500 hrs of hand on experience before you take the A+ exam?

Old 07-02-2010, 02:30 AM   #2 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Default Re: hands on experience for the A+

Having an A+ and being able to put the books to work is a different thing.

No hours are needed or recommended to take the A+ exam. The only thing I recommend is making sure that you are able to put the book to use.

Old 07-08-2010, 10:19 AM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default Re: hands on experience for the A+

I'm studying for my A+ right now too. I took the test about 3 years ago and passed the hardware with a c average and bombed the OS with an F+. Looking back at the questions that they ask you that comptia thinks deems someone tech savy, you honestly just need to understand the source material.

Not to say not knowing your DMA addresses and what every memory stick form factor means, is dandy, but it's not the biggest issue. Just knowing the material well enough to not wanna second guess yourself is all you need. Sides, A+ is for entry level, you get most of your "Hands On" when you get into the field anyways. Just remmeber, everyone has to start somewhere.