Got my A+, now what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Hansen

Beta member
Hello,

This is my first post.

I'm trying to get into IT and could use some advice. I have some schooling and I recently passed the A+ exam and am not sure where to go next. Is this enough to get an entry-level job somewhere?

Thanks.

Your A+ is enough to get your foot in the door doing entry level tech work. I recommend possibly some other certification like MCTS or even a network+ would be good. You can never have enough certifications and experience in this industry.

What is needed for MCTS??

If you can tell us in which direction you would like to go. We would be able to assist you alot better.

Thanks for the replies.

I've been looking but haven't had much luck finding entry-level work. I've also been looking for volunteer opportunities to get some experience but haven't had much luck there either. Do you have any suggestions?

What do you think of doing net+ next?

I don't have money for training or school, I'm unemployed, so I'm interested in self-study. I already have a net+ text book from a class I took recently. It wasn't a test-prep class, they just used it as the text book. The problem is it doesn't include the answers for the practice questions. Are there practice questions/exams available for net+? I looked on amazon.com and it looks like there are several net+ study choices, are there any in particular you would recommend?

Thanks.

Net+ is a good cert and there is a lot of what was on the A+ in the net+ its pretty much an easy pass if you have an A+ already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom