Is this a good way to start out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cowman43

Solid State Member
Hi i was wondering if it would be a good idea to take a Computer Support Technician certificate program at my local junior college to start me out in the computer field, specifically hardware, or would it be better to just go get my computer science engineering degree right off? Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.

If you plan on getting an actual degree from an accredited institution, i would do that before anything else if you have the ability to do it.

If you plan on getting an actual degree from an accredited institution, i would do that before anything else if you have the ability to do it.
I would agree with this. Go get your degree first. If you can, network as much as possible. The quicker you can get your foot in the door with those looking to hire, the better. I would even go as far as to take a job lower on the totem pole (ie janitor) and let people know what job you are aiming for within the company. If you have local business groups that meet in your area, attend those meetings and network a bit. Good luck!

As full disclosure, keep in mind this is coming from a guy who definitely promotes the benefits of being self-employed. Nonetheless, if you plan on working for someone else, then the things I mentioned above would catch my interest. People are attracted to go-getters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom