Going To College

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikebuffalo716

Beta member
I am probably going to ITT .

Was Wondering If you guys could tell me what courses
I should go for to acualy make money. And if you would also tell me if you know if they are offerd at ITT. I want to work with
computers and get a decent pay but dont know what
courses I should take to make that happen.

Any help would be great and could you add what the base starting salary is of a person with the Courses you recommend

Thank You

Salaries vary greatly depending on location, experience, degree, etc. I went to ITT and they have a wide variety of choices from networking, programming, hardware, and multimedia. You will take some courses that are pretty general like hardware and basic programming no matter which path you choose. Oick what you enjoy most and go for it. Database architecture is pretty high paying, but it can be difficult to get a job with limited experience. I found the programming side to be monotonous and tedious so I went into the networking side.

Would a Information Technology Associate Degree from bryant and stratton and a concentraion on Networking work out? or should I stick with ITT. Im kind of confused on where to go to school.

It will be hard getting a job period without some experience. The degree is good but you also need experience. ITT is a nationally recognized school, Bryant and Stratton is not. I chose them because of this. Really, it all depends on how much money you want to spend, where you want to live, and what area you are interested in. If you want to go into networking, look for classes that are deep into protocols, LAN/WAN technology/topology, configurations, router and switch setups, interfaces, etc.
Do some research on different companies you are interested in. See where they are located and what they have open. Look for an area of the country you like and check the cost of living, things to do, etc. It may pay a lot to work there but it may cost a fortune to live there too.

If you don't mind asking, where are you from? My dad's cousin just graduated(i think) from ITT from the networking program and really liked it. I'm going to go to NWTC for the networking program fall of '07 in the same town the local ITT campus is. the network program at NWTC here requires an apprenticeship program for credit to give the student some experience, i am half way through my second year of an apprenticeship through high school hoping this and the apprenticeship program and whatever job I have during college will help me get experience and enough to get a better paying job right out of college.

My choices I have Narrowed it down to at ITT are:

Computer and Electronics Engineering Technology

and

Computer Network Systems

and

Software Applications and Programming

still dont know what to choose a lil info on each would be nice if someone could do that for me thanks

Mikebuffalo716 said:
My choices I have Narrowed it down to at ITT are:

Computer and Electronics Engineering Technology

You should get a 4 year degree, instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom