Game Developer, for me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chronovorous

Solid State Member
Hey guys,

Im currently trying to double major in both Computer Engineering and Computer Science, there's only a few class difference between the two in the college I attend. My aspirations is to have a career in the making of Games or Military Simulations. I was wondering what kind of advice you can give me on what I would need to learn. I'm pretty good at math, B's mostly. I understand that I'll have to learn alot of Calculus, which I'm not too thrilled about, but I was told that this is to be expected and that I will eventually get accustomed to it and it will become easier for me. I'm learning C++ atm. And I'm beginning to get an interest in graphics rendering and motion, pretty much newborn at it. Most of the stuff that I'm learning on is self taught, save the C++.

So in other words, I'd like to get advice on what I have to look forward to.

If you're going to double major, make it worth the effort. My advice is to double major in electrical engineering and computer science. Computer engineering is the intersection of CS and EE. Obviously, you can do whatever you like, but if you're willing to put forth the effort for a double major, make it worth the trouble. Otherwise, just go for a single major in CE.

chronovorous said:
Ah, ok, yeah I'll do that.

Either way is fine. If you go for the EE also it will be more credits then the CE. However, when I was in school I got 3 majors in 4 years because I had to take classes during the summer to continue with research. So I accumulated a vast amount of credits. You can do a similar thing at your school if they offer a research assistant position or even teaching assistant etc.

Actually, they do, they also offer Cooperative Education, which is what I was hoping for, so that I can get some real insite.

Be ready for the calc if your doing an EE it doesnt stop, i just finished what we are calling calc 5, it was actually Diff Eq 2 but yeah...alot of math but after that it gets fun, you get into circuit analysis and such!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom