Game Design

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right now there are a lot of schools in the process of making a game design degree. There are not many right now, and they are extremly hard to get into. One for instance that I know off the top of my head is WPI. Which is a very good school and is pretty difficult to get into. They call this major: Interactive Media and Game Development.

However you will be seeing a lot more 4 year programs pop up everywhere as the gaming industry is now outperforming the movie industry based on gross money earned. So its a great field to get into, and now they can specialize people for games which is a good thing. Before you would just get a masters in computer science and then get into the game industry. A lot of the old game designers actually had PhD's also.

Lol, if it's at a corporate office for a cable company, then that would be great. :) I dont know, we'll see. I guess I'll just build up a nice portfolio and when I apply for a job give it to them.

Waste of money and time. One of my friends graduate from that program and he now works at the photography department at walmart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom