iT field, Future or No Future?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know for sure that no Microsoft certification includes the A+ and Net+ as these certifications are provided by CompTIA which is a completely different company. It will cover some general knowledge of those certifications but after taking and passing the MCSE, you will still need to read up on a lot of other A+ and Net+ material. As for the CCNA.....the first semester of this course covers a lot of the Net+ exam....but you'll still need to cover some material as these exams are completely different. I'd take the Net+ first.....a lot easier than the CCNA exam.

-Mike

tylertherobot said:
CCNA = Cisco Certified Networks Associate
CCDA = Cisco Certified Data Associate?

Something like that, I believe.

Cisco is strictly networking for those certifications. They're quite hard, gotta know a lot about networking.

its

CCNA-cisco certified networking associate
CCNP-cisco certified netoworking professional
CCIE -cisco certified internetworking expert

dont ask me why they changed it in CCIE, all i know is that to get a CCIE you have to have 6+ years of experience working with cisco systems, you have to fly to San Jose, CA and take a test that costs $7500, no BS, there is only 1 guy in our whole company that has one, and this is a national company

for the CCNA you take Cisco 1, 2, 3, & 4 (2 semesters usually)
for the CCNP you take Cisco 5, 6, 7, & 8 (also 2 semesters)
for the CCIE you take Cicso 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, & 16, (4 semesters) plus have like 2 or 3 years of either OJT or internship so it ends up being like 6-7 years

the best plan (i think) is to find an entry-level job at a place that staffs higher priced technicians, learn everything you can from those people, and follow the learning path your company wants (learn what they need you to) that way, youre tailor made for them, lol neways, the best kind of job is a consultant, cuz you have much less of a chance of getting laid off (even if the company you are contracted to no longer needs you, you still have a job with the consulting firm, and theyll put you on another account) plus, you make really good money, i got started with no certifications, 1 year of college, at the age of 19 at $12 an hour, thats $3 more an hour than ive ever made anywhere else in my life, its so great!

all of these certification stuff is great but do you really need such thing to fully enhance your IT skills? I know it will add a color to your CVs but its not really the certifications that matters. I got to know a couple of certified guys ( a MsCE certified) that dont even know how to fix or assemble a PC. so these certification kindda thing is not worth it unless you know exactly the real business in IT. All i can say to the guy who started this thread is go first with the basic. If you really want yourself to go with IT bandwagon, take a couple of local seminar or short courses regarding PC.. how it works, the what-is and how-tos of it and evrything else will follow plus you save a couple of bucks by doing this.

FYI.
the yougest MCSE is only 11yrs old! the question is, does he really knows what a real MCSE is?
with this, i think microsoft and other company like CISCO take an extra leep with regards to their exams and take experiance into consideration. cause it takes experience to be a certified expert.

IT will surely be around for the next decade or two but wtih the way technolgy is going and with the advent of cloning and stuff... I.T. will pave its way to GENETICS.

mikesgroovin said:
I know for sure that no Microsoft certification includes the A+ and Net+ as these certifications are provided by CompTIA which is a completely different company.

Really? I thought MS used to give the A+ & Net+ exams as electives for the 2000 track but now that i look here, http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcse/requirements.asp, i see they don't. However, they do give credit for the Security+.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom