iT field, Future or No Future?

Status
Not open for further replies.
?!
MCSE 2000 is purely for Win 2000 Server Administraion.
MCSA is purely administrative based and MCSE is definitely better.

The ranking goes like this

MCP (lowest)
MCSA
MCSE
MCSD

The difference between MCSE and MCSA is, the former also include architecture designs and implementation, the latter just pure administration of W2K Systems.

The latest of MCSE is MCSE2003 certifications.

Also MCSE 2000 comes in different format. The generic MCSE 2000 or MCSE Security (with ISA), MCSE with Exchange, so on.

its already available... in Singapore. But im not sure abt other countries. You can get ur MCSE 2000 first, then take 1 or 2 conversion later to MCSE 2003. :)

MCSE = Microsoft Certified Service Engineer
MCSA = Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator?

Is that how it goes? That's what I"ve come to understand from friends that have taken the classes, they're two seperate certifications too from what they tell me. One's for something like PC repair type of stuff & the other is strictly networking architechture and what not.

I know the Cisco CCNA and CCDA certifications are really high in demand in the IT field, one guy that got certified from the center here got a 75k/y job in Baltimore with a 60k signing bonus.

I'd be careful, though, everybody and their brother wants to do repair & networking. Networking is catching up with the tech road anyway, take it from someone who has family & friends in the pc repair field, they went from making 90k/y to 26k/y

Whatever you do, look down the road at the future of IT careers.

And also remember that you'll probably have to take tests every 2 years or so to keep your certs up-to-date.

I'm working on getting all the certifications I can, but I'm going to go into Software Architecture & Design

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom