iT field, Future or No Future?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spfd

Daemon Poster
i was talking with a friend online about a college course i was thinking of taking.

it was the MCSE course.
microsoft networking course for windows 2000 professional.
My friend was telling me it wasnt worth it going into the iT field because of the _low_ average 40k salary.

Anyone have input on this? or Suggestions.

Heres a link to the course im taking, its over 10,000 canadian so, this is something serious for me.

http://it.humberc.on.ca/mcse/

Your opinion is valuble.

meh whats $10,000 lol...jk.

go for it dude...what else do u have planned for the next couple of years :p

My 2 cents for what it is worth. The IT field will surely change over the next 10 years, but will continue to be very profitable IMHO. I am a consultant and have made well over $100K every year since I graduated. If you are good at what you do you can command a premium rate.

My experience is that the straight network admin / mcse track is getting pretty crowded and is pushing salaries down. Try to get into other IT area where there is still more demand than supply.

Good luck

Any suggestions of what area of iT is in demand?

and what do you do? earning 100k every year?

What courses did you take ;)

Well I wouldn't get your MCSE just yet for Win2000 because Win2004 is coming soon, right?

I'm also taking the same career route as you spfd, network administrating, I'm taking my A+ then probably Cisco or N+.

There are a lot of people out there with the certification to be Network Admins, but the field is so huge. I shouldn't think you should have any trouble finding work. It is still a field that is far more in demand than anything else besides, say construction or nursing.

You might also want to consider IT security. ;)

but msce gives me net+ and A+ certifiactions in it.
also, not all companies will be using win2004 due to the retarded high prices bill retard gates makes.
but wouldnt it look better if your resume said certified in windows 2000 and 2004?

spfd said:
but msce gives me net+ and A+ certifiactions in it.
also, not all companies will be using win2004 due to the retarded high prices bill retard gates makes.
but wouldnt it look better if your resume said certified in windows 2000 and 2004? [/B][/QUOTE]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom