Favorite A+ Study book

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord AnthraX

Fully Optimized
Simple question.

I'l be needing one, so if you could point me in the right direction I would really appreaciate it.

that study material was from cramsession.com. i got that too for free, they have different study guides from their website:
http://www.cramsession.com/certifications/products/list-study-guides.asp. the only thing though, they are only study guides it's better if you have more resources like books and also some hands on.

you can also try to buy these good books:

CompTIA A+ Complete Study Guide, Deluxe Edition - http://www.bookpool.com/sm/047004831X

Mike Meyers' A+ Certification Passport, 2nd Edition - http://www.bookpool.com/sm/0072229144

bookpool.com usually have cheap books. i usually order from them.

goodluck and enjoy reading!

I would buy this one at amazon:

www.amazon.com/CompTIA-+-Complete-S...&s=books&s9r=8afd079f0dabdb67010dac8261810004

It was released this month covering the new exams update for 2006. I have the previous edition and it's pretty good. But I'm studying with this one:

www.amazon.com/Certification-All-On...=pd_bbs_1/102-3147535-0803336?ie=UTF8&s=books

It's very complete, not only for the A+ exams but for your job as a PC Tech...and it's quite fun to read...that makes it easier when you don't feel like studying. Hope that helps. Good Luck!

when I was studying for the A+ exams I used a lot of different materials including

M Myers A+ passport
A+ in depth (Jean Anderws PhD)
E Leaning Center CBT
About a dozen practice tests from all over the place

now heres the moral of the story:

the A+ tests are REALLY easy so you dont need all that stuff, I studied for about 2 months for the hardware test using all the above and got 96% and thought the exam was easy so I spent 4 days cramming for the OS test (just using the E Learning Center CBT) and that was all the study I did and I got 92% on the test.

Now, Microsoft tests are somewhat harder and i'd recommend a minimum of 4 weeks hard study with 2 sources e.g. CBT and Book for each test and pleant of practice questions.

Lord AnthraX said:
Simple question.

I'l be needing one, so if you could point me in the right direction I would really appreaciate it.

Careful what you buy at the moment, the test objectives have just changed so unless you plan on taking the exams before the end of the year you need ensure you are buying material for the 2006 objectives and not the 2003 and with it being a recent change there may not be that many around. A lot of the 2003 stuff will still be relevent for the 2006 of course.

MrCoffee said:
when I was studying for the A+ exams I used a lot of different materials including

M Myers A+ passport
A+ in depth (Jean Anderws PhD)
E Leaning Center CBT
About a dozen practice tests from all over the place

now heres the moral of the story:

the A+ tests are REALLY easy so you dont need all that stuff, I studied for about 2 months for the hardware test using all the above and got 96% and thought the exam was easy so I spent 4 days cramming for the OS test (just using the E Learning Center CBT) and that was all the study I did and I got 92% on the test.

Now, Microsoft tests are somewhat harder and i'd recommend a minimum of 4 weeks hard study with 2 sources e.g. CBT and Book for each test and pleant of practice questions.

Very impressive test scores for the a+, what were your actual scores for the tests? As opposed to percentages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom