Entry level tech jobs

In my opinion the UK is better set up for entry level techies (no offence to any country here). There are a huge number of companies like IBM, Accenture, Capgemini, Fujitsu, Atos etc offering paid apprenticeships (proper wage, not the daft "£2.73 per hour" crap apprenticeships pay), and a full time job at the end. Some of these are sponsored degree programmes, so you study and work for 5 years and get a degree, salary higher than a fresh graduate, and a full time job. This essentially sets you up career-wise. (I work for one of the above mentioned companies, guess who :p )

The only similar option I can think of in the US is an internship?

IBM........... or Atos............ :cool:

No offense taken, here! When it's true, it's true.

I wish we had stuff like that. I know that some places do it, but there are very few. It seems that higher education is driven by greed instead. Classes are forced upon students that have absolutely nothing to do with the field of work they are entering just to get the credit hours for the degree. Plus, some of the stuff that is taught is great textbook material, but isn't real world applicable. It's mostly a scam, in my opinion.

Further, if there are more programs like that here in the US, then as a majority, we aren't being told about them. I would think that public education would advise their students of an option such as that. Anyhow, that's here in one area of the US. If anybody has a different outlook or knows of things that pay you while you learn and work, please do tell!

Back
Top Bottom