Entering the IT field, need advice plz

Status
Not open for further replies.
okay so ive spoken to an IT career guy at seek learning, which is an australian/nz based online learning company. he was very informative and asked where i wanted to head. after i told him i want to run my own repair/network business he asked what i thought my weaknesses were and said that most repair guys need to head into some small business type markets as well to survive in smaller towns. servers/networks and different o/s are where i dont have much experience. he offered me a package which contains a+, network+, mcdt, itil v3, ccent and ccna. he said the units are not long in duration and that they can be comfortably completed in about 6 months by taking my time and not rushing. he advised that these certs would nearly guarentee an entry level desktop support position which would be good for experience, before moving onto starting a business. now all these courses alone cost $9000+, but the package is only $3300.

what do you guys think? personally im excited about it and think it will cover alot and put me on my way to starting business. i havent accepted yet as im still looking at my finances.

That seems cheap but I doubt you'd be able to get them done COMFORTABLY in 6 months, It'd be a struggle IMO , not to mention remembering everything you've learnt....

That seems cheap but I doubt you'd be able to get them done COMFORTABLY in 6 months, It'd be a struggle IMO , not to mention remembering everything you've learnt....

I agree, 6 months is not a lot of time to learn all of it---especially when the person has little or no experience with certain aspects of it.

Oh okay, he seemed quite sure that each would take about 25 hours study, which he thought would take a month on average. He did also mention they can be done quicker or slower depending on how much i put into the study. Apart from the duration do you guys feel these courses will cover alot of what i dont know just in terms of getting familiar with all the scenarios i may come across in the residential workforce?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom