Dont know what to do??

Status
Not open for further replies.
LA1 said:
What an AA is not worth it ???
:angry:
I know a lot of ppl that went to a CC then x-fered to a 4 year college. Also some ppl do not have a Mommy and Daddy that after buying them a new car for graduating HS will pay for a 4 year college.

Thats why you take out loans or do good in highschool and get your college paid for upfront. Cars are not needed, most colleges provide public transportation atleast around the college town.

My parents never paid for my college or anything, it was totally paid for by scholarships and I even had income coming off of those scholarships. Now a days, since practically everyone goes to college , there are so many scholarships that are available for even a medicore GPA in hs.

Problem with a CC is the classes you take have to be so general that they fit any major at a regular college. So the most you could really go to a CC without wasting time/money would be 1 year or 30 credits (most schools only have around 1 year of ******** classes to make up for the american hs). Ofcourse you also run into the problem that the college could change requirements at any time and your credits could become useless, that is if they even transfer. Pretty pointless if you ask me, might as well go to the college get to know the professors/students.

That's a bit of an exaggeration. My fiance earned an associate degree in accounting from a community college (2 years), and then transferred to a 4-year university and earned a BS (2 more years).

Im one of thoughs people that has no parents. But i had to make a loan and i got couple scholarships, where i live the colleges dont provide transportation but there is the bus. haha...But i would need a car because the college im going to is so **** far, in the meantime im catching the bus. Associate degree is good, better then nothing i say.

BS

Most people who claim they have scholarships while running a 2.0 and not playing any sports are the same people who have a bank card but their moms and dads pay it and pay for everything else.

While this Business school might seem legit, I don't believe you about your friends working for Microsoft.

These days Microsoft Recruits the top talent and students at Graduate schools. Meaning kids who will be getting their Masters degrees or even PHDS.

Amazon does the same thing. So do many of those type of companies.

I have a hard time believeing some 18 month computer tech grad is being snatched up by Microsoft.

Microsoft rejects top College student graduates from Harvard, Stanford, and various other top colleges yet alone kids with Master degrees.

I would not believe a school which probably isn't accredited telling me Microsoft will hire you after only 18 months of basic computer training.

And Seattle is not known for it's snow. Yeah go visit the mountains but it rains in Seattle in the winter, it rarely snows where you'll be living.

But why would you say something like that when you dont even know anything about the college? Dont beleive me call them up yourself, i got scholarships when i had a 2.5GPA so i wouldnt be talking and i also never played a **** sport in high school. Dont just be saying things you dont even know, "BS" are you one of thoughs people with the master degree and got rejected by them? Go do your research before telling me im lying, why in the **** would i lie anyway? Kinda stupid huh? Well i never come here to flame, so go to someone else and take your anger out on them.

Re: BS

pjam76 said:
Most people who claim they have scholarships while running a 2.0 and not playing any sports are the same people who have a bank card but their moms and dads pay it and pay for everything else.

While this Business school might seem legit, I don't believe you about your friends working for Microsoft.

These days Microsoft Recruits the top talent and students at Graduate schools. Meaning kids who will be getting their Masters degrees or even PHDS.

Amazon does the same thing. So do many of those type of companies.

I have a hard time believeing some 18 month computer tech grad is being snatched up by Microsoft.

Microsoft rejects top College student graduates from Harvard, Stanford, and various other top colleges yet alone kids with Master degrees.

I would not believe a school which probably isn't accredited telling me Microsoft will hire you after only 18 months of basic computer training.

And Seattle is not known for it's snow. Yeah go visit the mountains but it rains in Seattle in the winter, it rarely snows where you'll be living.

Microsoft is not all about software engineering, they also hire low level jobs like network admins, security guards, etc. I believe this is what he is talking about?

Exactly, this guy makes like he knows everything but dont. Microsoft hires anyone when they need them, dont matter if you have Associates or Master. How do you think they run a business around here. Well i know what to do in life now so thnx for the info guys.

i'd say go to college. now a days a college degree is almost a necessity for most jobs.

my dad's an electrical engineer and is responsible for hiring people at his business and he says he hardly even glances through a resume if there isn't a degree on it.

i'm a sophomore and college is great. i don't know what your's would be like but i attend a state college and yeah...it's tough, but there's still gonna be plenty of other things for you to do after schoolwork.

go to college and get a good job...that's my suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom