Do you think that STEAM or STEM education helps prepare our kids for their future career?

allthingtech

Beta member
[FONT=&quot]Hi guys![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] I have a question for you: We hear over and over again how a STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) education is critical for driving forward innovation and boosting our economy. Do you guys think this focus on STEM has made positive changes to our education system? Do you think that, if you had pursued STEM in school, it would have helped you be better prepared for your career today?[/FONT]

I think so. While nearly 0% of what I've learned I have been able to directly apply to my current job (IT systems support and administration), it gave me a rock solid foundation in the right direction. ie where to look for answers, how to think through certain types of problems efficiently, etc.

In other words, yes. My college experience has definitely helped :tongue:

Do you guys think this focus on STEM has made positive changes to our education system?
Has the system actually changed? I don't really think it matters. No one can be forced to learn if they're not interested in learning. Also, STEM careers can be obtained without a formal STEM education.

Back
Top Bottom