CS Degree Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle Buki

Solid State Member
Hey, I need your advice. I'm 30, never finished my degree, and have been working as a recruiter. I'm looking to possibly make a career change and enter the IT field by completing a Computer Science degree with the intention of ultimately becoming a software engineer. I'm considering an online CS program from a respectable school called Regis University. By attending online I'd save gas money and commuting time.

Another option is a CS degree from UC Davis, a very good school with a very reputable CS program. This would give me all the benefits of a brick-and-mortar institution, and my degree would be more desirable to potential employers (plus UCD is huge on computer security, which is my main interest). However, I'd have a 45 minute commute, and being 30 I'd stick out like a sore thumb.

What do you think these options? What would you do if you were in my shoes? What is your opinion of a CS degree in general? Any other related comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks.

Uncle Buki

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom