Criteria For Opening a Cyber Cafe/LAN Center?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll probably study for my A+ and get it as soon as possible, it may not mean much to the tech savvy but it's a great deal of comfort and assurance to the average consumer.

Yeah I'm right behind you.

That doesn't matter - in a normal job, 9 times out of 10 the potential employee with a A+ Certification will get the job over a person with "Experience". It's all because a little piece of paper says that you have completed a certification.

Do I agree with this? No. But it's the way of the job world.

Not necessary...
actually, come to think of it, I can't think very few instances that I've personally heard about where this is true. During the hiring process, someone should be keen enough to take the more experienced in many areas over many pieces of paper. I'm not saying it's always like this, it's mixed actually. But, in my opinion, there are more hiring managers out there that ask you more than the average "nonsense" questions to figure out if you are the right fit for the company.

Now, if person A and B are EXACTLY the same... meaning they do a lot of research on what the company actually does prior to the interview, they can both answer a technical drilling of questions, they both can answer the typical "Where do you see yourself in 5 years" etc EXACTLY the same.... Would you hire the person that's been in school learning about A+??? Or the person that has actually been doing it for a while??? I've seen people get hired over a person that hold a piece of paper... simply because they learn quickly and are a better fit.

It may say "A+ is a requirement for this position" but that should NEVER be something make you not want to try out ... If you are enthusiastic enough, know their business (do research) AND hold the "Non-piece of paper" knowledge... they WILL consider you.

well the thing is if person A and person B apply for the same job. and their applications are essentially the same, or are what the company is looking for in an employee, and person A has an A+ certification, and person B puts that they have experience. If the company can only interview one person then they will pick person A because they have something that proves that they know what their doing. that having been said, that doesn't mean that person B doesn't know as much, if not more then person A, but companies don't look into how much the person has, just what they can prove they know.

Yeah that's what I think too, it's pretty much the same as someone saying they have good credit and another person actually proving they have good credit. They are gonna want proof over your word pretty much. I plan to get my A+ and anything I'd need that shows I'm capable of setting up a network, both LAN and Ethernet, and I want my PC Repair team to have A+ Certs as well and if they don't have it and wanna work for me then they'll attend a PC training course and take the A+ test which will be paid for by me if they pass. Something like that.

Also, watch out for wording on job specifications. If a company says you need certifications xyz and 2 people apply, who full fill all other requirements on the specification but one has xyz and the other doesn't but has 20yrs experience, they have to hire the one who meets the stated requirements.

Otherwise they can be sued, at least thats how it works here in England. So its a good idea to get the certs just incase, and hey, if you know it all anyway why not?

its just like for younger people who don't have have the opportunity to go out and get certifications because they either don't have the time to do all the studying, or the money and they are trying to get off to some sort of start with a job. its a broken system because it favors people who are already in the business and limits the opportunity of people who want to get into the business.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom