Craigs list

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teh Solution

Baseband Member
Hi All
Has anyone here ever posted an ad on craigs list to do computer repair? I was looking to try to make some extra $$ on the side. If so let me know how it went. Any tips here would be helpful. If you have any other ideas for making a little extra cash doing what we like, let me know.

Thanks

i tried it on kijiji, didn't work out too well, it seems people have a hard time trusting strangers to do things like that. maybe different where you live though

Yeah there are a few thigns that you have to consider here.

1. You are going to be going to some strangers house that just contacted you out of no where. You know nothing about them and they know nothing about you. So to have them trust you enough to just give you their address for you to just show up out of no where without ever meeting is going to be very difficult.
2. As mentioned above, you dont know them. So if they do just give you their address out of no where you should be worried. What are you getting yourself into that this person called you up out of no where, gave you their address to fix their PC. I would be worried myself and make sure that not only did i have my phone on me at all time but i told everyone i know where i was going to be.
3. You cant trust people on craigs list. Sorry but it is true. We have had 3 people just in the walmart parking lot across the street get arrested in the past month for stuff off of craigs list. 1 was a guy trying to get sexual favors and the other 2 were people who were trying to rob someone. 1 person got shot.

I would seriously suggest you look at a more reputable site or even go to your local walmart and talk to people there. Best Buy or anyplace. Craigs list is not where you want to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom