cost and availability of certification

zoomzilla

Solid State Member
I've been watching Professor Messer's videos on A+ and plan to take the exam soon and plan on doing the same for net+, security+ and windows 7. I was wondering what the cost of these exams is, i know Lex said the A+ exam is about three hundred dollars, are they all around that price? Also where can I take these tests? Thanks for any help.

Depends on the exam. Register through Prometrics website and go through the signup process to see the exam fees (prometric.com). You'll have to register regardless so you might as well register a user name / password now and see what the current exam fees are.

They've redone their website otherwise i would have given you the prices myself.

A+ is two exams, each about 150. Net+ and all other CompTIA one's are 150 i believe.

Microsoft exams are $150 as well.

Depends on the exam. Register through Prometrics website and go through the signup process to see the exam fees (prometric.com). You'll have to register regardless so you might as well register a user name / password now and see what the current exam fees are.

They've redone their website otherwise i would have given you the prices myself.

A+ is two exams, each about 150. Net+ and all other CompTIA one's are 150 i believe.

Microsoft exams are $150 as well.

Thanks for the info Lex. One problem though. I have no idea how to use the prometrics website. I don't have any idea who my sponsor is, I just want to find a nearby place to take the test so I can be A+ Certified. I checked my state as that seemed like the most generic of all the choices but there were several subcatagories that were very specific. Is there a way to schedule a general test without a sponsor?

Sponsor? Lemme check their site, normally you create an ID (similar to this forum) where you sign in, you then select a test center, date and exam you want to take. There are multiple test centers per city - if they show up on Prometric's website then they are all Prometric Certified test centers. You just have to go to a location that you are comfortable with and like (usually close to home). I go to a community college near my house because its nice, clean and convenient.

Their website sucks - go here, which takes you into the sub page of IT test takers: https://www.register.prometric.com/Login.asp?cookie_test=1

From here create your account, then schedule an exam. Looks like MS's exams are $150.

Looking at their list maybe Prometric doesn't offer CompTIA exams any longer - i don't see them on the list of Clients. Looks like you may have to go through another vendor: Taking the Test

thanks lex, I just read on the comptia website that they are going to exclusively pearson Vue.

Back
Top Bottom