computertraining.edu

Status
Not open for further replies.

timmyjo81

Baseband Member
Whats up with this computertraining.edu its a microsoft certification training thing online.. i keep seeing it on TV and hearing it on the radio... is it a waste of time? would i be better getting A+ , network, and security certs from comptia?

Sorry i ask so many questions! im new i dont know **** but I appreciate the help..
Im looking into various aspects of IT i dont really mind what I do.. but my main concern is that i get into something that will be in demand now and in the future.
What is my best bet any suggestions? would it be better to get into programming? Or should i stick with networking/security or system admin?

from what i researched i found that IT will be in demand in the next 6 yrs.
**** if i can make 50grand a year Id be happy.. but i would like to make more eventually.

This is personal preference - for me I WILL NOT pay for someone to teach me something that is in a book. Especially when we are talking about simple exams like CompTIA and the like. If you are training for your MCSE, Cisco or some other difficult certification i get why it may be worth going to a class to learn. But other exams i feel you are better served purchase a book for less than 100 dollars, studying for a month, then taking the exam. In total you'd spend around 200 dollars, opposed to taking a class where you'll spend easily 1,000 dollars and still have to pay for the exam (and that is no guarantee you'll pass either).

Haha hillarious, just looked at the website and all they are offering is the MS certification at a rediculous price. If you have to go to class to learn, great, but i just spent 300 dollars on a set of 4 books that over the course of reading and studying i will get the same information. In fact the MCITP is the exam i'm studying for right now, with active directory and what not. It is up to you what you want to do, but my opinion would be to go and purchase these exam books online or at barnes and noble and save a few thousand dollars.

If you don't know what to do start small. Purchase an A+ book, study it and take the exam, that will give you a general feel for computer hardware. Then do the same for Net+ and Security+. That will give you a broad range of information on IT, then take a certification on Microsoft 7 (probably will have exam books april of 2010. This will give you an idea of what IT is about and which aspect of the IT world fits you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom