Computer Technology Schools

i goto Devry in NYC and lemme tell you that out of all the tech schools out there Devry is the most respected. They teach you what you need to know and most grads are more well rounded than grads from other schools. I would suggest Devry to someone else. They do rape you with tuition costs tho. I have family in the tech business and they only hire people from Devry.

I'm very new to these forums...

I live down here in Savannah, GA and currently attend Savannah Technical College and my current target is the A+ CompTIA Networking Certification.

Currently I am gradutated with an associates degree and I was wondering if that is enough. I have been looking at mid to high level jobs and most of them require BS degree.

Is it worth it to spend 4 more years getting my BS or just get expericence and work my way up. I do have an entry level job just as an operator. So I have a starting point, but to get what I want I may need that better degree.

I notice that I can go to another business college the has a bs in IT, but they are more expensive than the business college I graduated from. How much wait do most of those places hold. Most of these programs are 3 years in length and most of these places will take my credits.

Sir_Vincent said:
my current target is the A+ CompTIA Networking Certification.

The A+ is not really a networking cert. it is a computer technician cert. Athough it has networking portion. CompTIA has a network+ that I actually got before my A+.

NIN said:
The A+ is not really a networking cert. it is a computer technician cert. Athough it has networking portion. CompTIA has a network+ that I actually got before my A+.

All I know, is 'A+ CompTIA Networking Certification' is the name of the program.

Yeah I plan on going to ITT for hardware. That's what my buddy is doing and I love two things(well more than two things but there are two things I'd go to school for) Animation and Computer Hardware and Software. I'm leaving The Art Institute for Itt at least that is the process in which I am going through at the moment.

Sir_Vincent said:
All I know, is 'A+ CompTIA Networking Certification' is the name of the program.

I think that you are talking about the Network+ certification. But the A+ is the standard before it,you dont HAVE to take it, but its a small base to have.

I got my BS of Information Systems Security from Westwood College of Technology. Its a pretty good technical college. If you like more hands on and less lecture, I would highly recommend it. If you want to know more about the school or if its located in your state you can go here http://westwood.edu/ but like all colleges, university, and technical that raise tuition every year and if your lucky every two years.

I forgot to said that a lot of ITT student transfer to Westwood and found it to be overall better then ITT.

I go to St. Vincent College here in PA. I'm in my 2nd of 4 years for a Bachelors degree in IT. I love it here but I have to wait till next year to get into the actual databasing and networking stuff. So far its been all C++ and Assembler programming. But topics are great and interesting.

i was wondering if there was any comp tech schools in paradise valley arizona..gimme a holler if there is any close to me

Back
Top Bottom