Computer Hardware Engineer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guff1988

In Runtime
I would really love to do this for a living when i get older. If anyone here is one or can offer any insight i would greatly appriciate it. TY

Well I dont do it for a living or anything, but I can tell you this. While you're young get a few certifications, you might as well.

The A+ certification is a good place to start, it took me a while of studying the books and practicing stuff but I passed it no problem.

If you can get these before college/university then you're in good shape.

Mr_Threepwood said:
Well I dont do it for a living or anything, but I can tell you this. While you're young get a few certifications, you might as well.

The A+ certification is a good place to start, it took me a while of studying the books and practicing stuff but I passed it no problem.

If you can get these before college/university then you're in good shape.

No offense but a hardware engineer would have no use for these certifications. Computer hardware engineering is mostly electrical engineering with a few computer science(software engineering) classes thrown in to the bunch.

raross said:
No offense but a hardware engineer would have no use for these certifications. Computer hardware engineering is mostly electrical engineering with a few computer science(software engineering) classes thrown in to the bunch.
i agree it isnt super important for the field but it couldn't hurt and i had planned on it anyway.

Guff1988 said:
I would really love to do this for a living when i get older. If anyone here is one or can offer any insight i would greatly appriciate it. TY

Just curious, but how do you define the term "computer hardware engineer"? I find that most people inquiring about computer related fields throw these terms around without understanding what they really mean. And that's fine, since you're trying to learn about it.

Some people call IT support technicians engineers. Some people think computer engineers build computers for a living. So what do you mean by hardware engineer?

Re: Re: Computer Hardware Engineer

jaeusm said:
Just curious, but how do you define the term "computer hardware engineer"? I find that most people inquiring about computer related fields throw these terms around without understanding what they really mean. And that's fine, since you're trying to learn about it.

Some people call IT support technicians engineers. Some people think computer engineers build computers for a living. So what do you mean by hardware engineer?

Designing Custom PC and Network computer components such as Micro-Processors, Hard Drives, Optical Drives, Motherboars, GFX Cards, Or even peripherals such as printers and keyboards.

Re: Re: Re: Computer Hardware Engineer

Guff1988 said:
Designing Custom PC and Network computer components such as Micro-Processors, Hard Drives, Optical Drives, Motherboars, GFX Cards, Or even peripherals such as printers and keyboards.

So maybe you should pursue a degree in electrical engineering.

A quick question - does a computer engineer know as much about electricity as an electrical engineer? Just wanted to know because if computer engineers were ever out of jobs, would they be able to do the same stuff that an electrical eng. can do? (so that they aren't jobless)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom