Computer Engineering School

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got into CMU, though I couldn't go because of -- yes -- $$$. It's an excellent school, I'm actually looking into transferring there - maybe I'll see you there.

Hahaha, I doubt that will happen. Besides joining clubs or taking the SAT's again, what would you recommend that I do to be able to have a better chance to get into a good school?

Definitely have a well written essay. That is your key. Also, some helpful recommendation letters from important people. Basically anything that they require, to the next level. Networking is the key; I had the Senator of NY write me a recommendation letter, because my dad works in one of his offices. He didn't even know me, so... :p

Ugh, I barely know anyone. The best I could do with recommendations would be my teachers... that's about it. Not lookin too good here :p.

That's good. Have you taken apart of Science Olympiad? Mathletes? Etc... Colleges like things like that, especially if you're doing engineering - because it's all science + math.

That's ok. I didn't do any of those other things when I was in high school either. I still got accepted and earned a BS in engineering and an MS in CS.

If your grades and standardized test scores are good, you'll get accepted somewhere. College admissions are a sham, though.

Good stuff, jaeusm. What kind of a job do you have now, if you don't mind me asking? or are you doing your PhD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom