Computer Engineering?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zipp080

Baseband Member
Just curious if any actual computer engineers here on the boards? I am just about over with my first year of college, and I recently had an educational plan done for computer science engineering. I was just curious alittle bit more about the subject. Such as what exactly you do, how hard it was to find a job, goods and bads of the job?

When I had the plan done, I had 3 choices for computer science. Programming, bussiness, and engineering. I chose engineering without really researching it much, but I figured it was more on the basis of designing new technology and building and designing chips, video cards, processors, etc. Am I right about what the job entitles exactly? And if so, what else comes with the job? Is there actual software programming entitled with it, or more so hardware and physics?

I think your a little confused on what degrees do what. However, I would pick a degree, etc. based on WHAT YOU LIKE to do, not whether you can find good jobs, etc.

Technology jobs will ALWAYS be there.... Well, if your GOOD at your job, you will more than likely not have a problem in technology. If your average, then I could see problems, such as the "technology / dot com bust"... where tons of programmers, etc where out of jobs.

I can tell you... ITS HARD to find GREAT workers in any field :)
There lots of average to good workers in the technology field, but few who are GREAT.

try this out
http://www.computer-technology-schools.com

Look at the "Computer Degrees"
:)

The site is not done... but you may get some use out of it

Also, look at the thread here calle "best pay"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom