Compute Sceince OR Engineering

Status
Not open for further replies.

psyb0rg

Baseband Member
I am currently in my second semester in comp. engg. bachelors.
Someone told me that comp. science jobs are much fun and interesting. I have always liked the robotics and gaming fields. So can anyone tell me exactly whats the major difference between engg. and science jobs. And can anyone get into robotics after comp. science degree?

hi,
i am also doing my computer engineering ,presently in second semester.

speaking of jobs computer line extends in every field in the modern world.everything works with computers.so there is no shortage of fields.

basically you are doing your engineering on computer science.
you won't learn much from a normal science degree .but engg degree gives you more benefits and will enable you to learn more.
so with the help of engg degree ,you can definetely get into robotics.

hi,
here in BE IV sem Comp.sc
this field is the best in todays life and specially in india
lots of scope and interesting developments are there everyday.
this is much more than science degree

I'd go with computer engineering as a bachelors and also do a minor in computer science. Why not? I think you can expand more on your computer engineering degree. You'll also have greater knowledge in areas such as electrical engineering, more than you would have if you had chosen the CS path. CEC, all the way.

If you want to learn more about a computer world and OTHERS take that eng'g program, else take that cs path.*QUICK TIP* Computer Engineers make the plan, while the scientist do what's written on the plan...

I would go with computer engineering, or mechanical engineering. You can take CS classes on the side and be just as good as a CS graduate when you are finished. One of my professors teaches computer science but doesn't have a degree in computer science, he took many CS classes though. He has a degree in physics, linguistics and a doctorate in linguistics. He has also worked for Unisys as a systems architect for 20 years.

You're late, I already got transfered. now Im officialy a Computer Sceince student!

Bah! Bad choice!.. Comp Engineering is much better than Computer Science. Obviously, you learn more about "programming" in CS, but nothing you can't do by reading readily available books.

Many of the 4th year courses is CS are available in Comp Eng as well. Drummed down wrt programming, but the theory is there.

THe only occasion I would recommend CS over C. Eng is if the CS program is heavily rooted in mathematics. Some universities offer this. A sort of Math/CS degree. Otherwise, you shouldn't have switched!.. Either way, good luck :).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom