Community College A+ prep courses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

limbli

Beta member
Hello,

I'm new to this forum but I've read a couple of threads and was looking for some advise. I'm currently taking general education courses at my local community college along with some CIS courses. I recently saw they offer an A+ cert prep class and was wondering if anyone else has taken a similar prep course at their local community college? I know every college is different but I'm looking for a general idea. How much did the prep class help? Did you still need a study guide to pass the tests?

As far as my background I'm self taught. I've worked on computers since the age of 14, I've built six computers for my self and fixed/upgraded numerous others. I liked working on computers so much I've decided to make it my career and getting my A+ is the first step. I tired self studying but it wasn't for me, however that may be my best option.

Thanks.

Have you read the book? I tried reading the CompTIA A+ brand study guide a while back and found it almost impossible to concentrate due to its huge size and boring writing style. I've seen that book suggested a lot on these forums so I'm guessing its one of the best around. I guess it wouldn't hurt to do both since I'll be taking the prep class in the summer anyways.

Thanks for the help!

We read the book a little in the class that I took but only small parts that the teacher assigned. It wasn't the most interesting read but it did have a lot of really good information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom