Certs are hard even for some pros

Status
Not open for further replies.
raross said:
Flordia is one of the worst states for highschool education in the US, so this is not surprising. But I think they would still have to get their masters since it is a government requirement. What they might do, is hire the teachers out of under grad, then give them so many years to get their masters before they let them go.

Not to get this too off topic but education is not federally regulated. The Dept of Education only regulates via grants that they offer to school districts, and they ask for things like diversity requirements in return.

Requirements for teaching very for every state.

TheHeadFL said:
Not to get this too off topic but education is not federally regulated. The Dept of Education only regulates via grants that they offer to school districts, and they ask for things like diversity requirements in return.

Requirements for teaching very for every state.

You may be correct, but most states do require a masters to teach. I know georgia requires a masters to teach and they are not far behind the Florida education level. They have been raising standards ever since they noticed the highschool education level is far behind european/asia, specially in math and sciences.

Aspirin said:
and Haiti. lol (that was a joke).

With over $389 billion a year spent on public education in this country, it's kind of a mystery to me why students can't well... read for example!!! What the heck are they doing with all that money? A national babysitting program would only cost a fraction of the amount we spend and get similar results in some districts.

http://www.heritage.org/Research/Education/BG1448.cfm

http://www.heritage.org/Research/Education/WM134.cfm

I could not agree more.

When I took my MCSD exams, I did not find them to be difficult. But I already had a significant amount of experience. I think that is somewhat of the problem. You guys claim these certs are so hard. Yes, ofcourse they are going to be if you have no experience what so ever. Besides the very basic entry level certifications, they are mainly used for promotions and such in IT companies. I do not see whats the problem.

It might be because you are a Scott with the mind of a champion. Breezing through MCSD exams and whatnot.

I would call the MCSD track challenging and difficult. But then I've followed the networking track and am not a developer.

Here in Indiana we do not require a masters degree to teach or even on later on down the road. Fact of the matter is that teachers get Master degree's so that they can recieve the master pay scale. In Indiana it's like around 56k a year varying slightly per district. Most school corporations won't touch anyone with a a lot of experience because they will have to start them higher on the pay scale.

DustynF said:
Here in Indiana we do not require a masters degree to teach or even on later on down the road. Fact of the matter is that teachers get Master degree's so that they can recieve the master pay scale. In Indiana it's like around 56k a year varying slightly per district. Most school corporations won't touch anyone with a a lot of experience because they will have to start them higher on the pay scale.

I am talking about high school. One would have to look it up. But I am sure about the schools in the northeast. Like I said before, there is a shortage of teachers in other areas in the country, so they may hire teachers out of under grad, but expect them to get their masters later down the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom