A+ Certifrication

Status
Not open for further replies.

chesirecat1701

Running on empty.
My high school Comp. Engineering Class allows a special deal for us students. It will allow you to achieve A+ certification free under 18 if you meet these requirements:

Make an A in both CET I and CET II
Contribute 30 hours of community service hours working on computers.
and of course pass the A+ cert test :)p)

I have already easily passed CET I with a high A. I wouldn't mind at all to do the hours. And passing CET II with an A shouldn't be an issue.

My question is to all the grads here.

Being 17 I do believe this would really set me up nicely for the feature and also score me a good good early. Question is am I being naive or should I surely go for this being as it is a great opportunity?

Seems like a great opportunity...

Study hard and ace it! Its a free cert :D I think you have a good chance of passing it...

well thanks I'll take that to heart.

my teacher is great and let's me use his labsims which break the test down into like a dozen sections for me to learn and quiz on over and over again. The stuff a single byte of instruction code has to go through is amazing in the older computer hardware

My school offered something similarly and I took the test and got 870 on one and I don't remember my other score, its a great opportunity.

I wish my school offered a free A+ course/exam. I took it on my own, and it was before the 2006 updated stuff. It was so antiquated, I was in no way prepared. I memorized all the IRQs, among other things. They weren't even on the test. Stupid book. :[

I would deff take it, any knowledge is good knowledge and If i saw as an employer that you went after all the training and knowledge you could get and applied yourself I would be more inclined to get you in the door.
I have been working on computers as a hobby and twice as a job for over 17 years
and went to A+ courses and Network Security +, and my Associates of Applied Science in 96-97 but had to leave for family reasons.
I returned this year to get that thorn out of my side of not finishing it.
What a smart move, things have changed so much I am enjoying the daylights out of it.. it defrags what you know and updates your knowledge.
One thing I have always believed in was "remain teachable" it humbling to
be "the Noob" when in the early 90's you were " the Man" lol
GO FOR IT!:nerd:

Jump on it with both feet! It is a great opportunity to get a leg up on certifications. The A+ is the "ground floor", but it is a start. And you can't beat the price. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom