certification vs diploma

Status
Not open for further replies.

spfd

Daemon Poster
i want to goto college for tech/network

is it useless to take the msca certification which includes net+ and a+ if im gonna take the 2 year diploma course for computer support person and network admin?

yes no?

if yes, in what order would be better for me to go in msca then diploma or diploma then msca?

Do you not get any certification with the 2 year diploma?

I personally chose to get the certifications one after the other outside of a diploma. This way I can try to get a job one after the other to help pay for the certifications and I don't want to go to school full-time for 2 years.

YUP! Ken is right :)

I agree with Ken,

Why study for the certification and then take the courses when you know the stuff?!?

Just take the cours and then you'll almost be ready for the A+ or else after... (Depending on your learning abilities)

Get both, I'm going to get MCSA, A+, Net+ all seperate just becuase, the more certifications on a resume the better, but really what matters more is work experience later on, but how can you get work experience without a diploma or certification?

I'm going to college for electrical engineering, which is computer engineering only you can get a phd on it (which I'm going to be going for)

It's all a matter of personal preference I guess o.o

if u have money get the certs. But depends on what you want to be. say your a local fixing shop right(computers) most if not all people coming to you wont know what the hell the certs even mean so they will be useless. GET THE DIPLOMA AT ALL COSTS.
you can study for certs to the max and ....... then not take them because you know you know the stuff but u dont want to pay 200 usd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom