Which Certification to get first?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The link I posted was for system admins, not just having an A+ cert. Anyway, regarding your other question, you can go to CompTIA's website, and go to the second item, enter your state and country and it will show you where the test centers are located in your state. You have to go to an official CompTIA test center, and that link will show you where they are. It is the registration page, but you dont have to register to try what I said. Remember, go to item # 2 on this page and punch in your state.

There are two companies that give the exams, Prometric and another. I Usually use Prometric. You just go to their website, sign up, select the exam you want to take, and then see where it is available. Some companies are Prometric test providers and some colleges. Really just depends on where you live.

Can't say on pay either. Way too dynamic of an environment and it depends on entirely too many things to say what someone would be making (experience, company, economy, certifications, industry,etc). ROUGHLY starting out in the midwest (where i live) Help Desk positions will start around 30k to 35k and System Admin would start around 100k to 120k.

The absolute best thing you could look at is bls.gov - this will give you a decent idea of the industry and area and statistics that go with an occupation.

Entry level system administrator could make anywhere from 30-40k
Get some experince, and you could be making 90+

Fist off, no way in **** do system administrator postions start at 100k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom