A+ Certification exam? What to expect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

idlemind90

Beta member
Any criteria in particular stressed more so than others? I have been told there is alot of questions about printers and security. Any tips for the test? Thanks.

I will be taking the 2009 edition of the exams.

We can't give you specifics, and there are multiple versions of the same exam so one person may bet 10 questions on printers and then next person may only get 1. Just study quality materials and take the practice exams and you'll do fine. Mike Meyers has some good stuff, as does professor messer (free online stuff).

The only thing that I thought was 'weird' was the incorporation of how to deal with customers. Also a lot of questions will have 2 or 3 correct answers, but you need to know which is the most likely cause OR which you should do first (IE a computer froze, should you A)restart B)replace hard drive C)reformat drive). Answer would be A, while the other two may solve the issue you need know the progression of proper troubleshooting.

Check out the practice exams. If you have any background in computers A+ will be a piece of cake for you. I highly recommend Testout. They have reading, videos and labs.

We can't give you specifics, and there are multiple versions of the same exam so one person may bet 10 questions on printers and then next person may only get 1. Just study quality materials and take the practice exams and you'll do fine. Mike Meyers has some good.
The only thing that I thought was 'weird' was the incorporation of how to deal with customers. Also a lot of questions will have 2 or 3 correct answers, but you need to know which is the most likely cause OR which you should do first (IE a computer froze, should you A)restart B)replace hard drive C)reformat drive). Answer would be A, while the other two may solve the issue you need know the progression of proper troubleshooting.

Lex is right about most of that stuff especially about the customer questions, if you have never had any experience dealing with customers in customer support or tech support, that might be of a problem for you too.

Mike Meyers 2007 or MikeMeyers 2009 edition will get you ready for the exams especially 701 part 1.
If you need a study guide get back in touch with me and I'll recommend something by PM or email idlemind.

Mike i always thought that was weird too. Not needed if you ask me. It's a technical test, not a customer service test...

Lex is right about most of that stuff especially about the customer questions, if you have never had any experience dealing with customers in customer support or tech support, that might be of a problem for you too.

Mike Meyers 2007 or MikeMeyers 2009 edition will get you ready for the exams especially 701 part 1.
If you need a study guide get back in touch with me and I'll recommend something by PM or email idlemind.

MidnightMike, I'd like to know your further recommendations, but I can't PM you for another 39 posts so I hope you don't mind me asking directly. I'm currently preparing for a retake on my 220-702 exam (I failed it the first time by 10 points) that I will take in a few weeks. I feel as though I learn best with practice exams, but am looking for more quality study guides. If you could help at all I'd appreciate it.

Thank you

I recommend you get a copy of MikeMyers a+ 2007 and current version of 2009 studyguide.
For further follow up behind Mikemyers look into sybex studyguide in pdf format.
It can be found on ebay for less than 6.00 bucks, and can be used on the run with a current blackberry or iphone, that has a pdf application viewer.

If you need testing material use testking or a program called visual certs.
Both are legal, but some of the people who rip the contents from other books or sources is not and is up for a fine if caught with it by the book author who wrote up everything.

If you need a link or 2, please email directly at MadMikeXP@gmail.com and I'll forward you something I am using right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom