A+ Certification

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curbkiddytech

In Runtime
I'm 17 years old and I've been working with computers around the house for the past couple years with the help and instruction of my computer tech of an uncle. I started dabbling with Networking recently and my dad bought me the CCNA ICND1 and 2 books along with the CCNA Study Guide. I feel like those are a bit advanced for me seeing how I'm more familar with computers and their hardware and OS's than Networking. So I got my dad to buy me a couple A+ Certification books in the hopes that at the end of my Junior year of high school I will be A+ Certified.

I'm wondering if my goal is unattainable for my age/experience and if so what would you recommend I do to better prepare myself to attempt to certify. My second question is where to go after the A+ Certification. Where or what should I pursue after the A+ Certification?

Any teen young adult or normal adult can get their A+ whenever they want to.
Thing is though always have a technical degree to backup your certs most high end businesses want these days.
Start off with the mike myers book first, it will get your mid ready to be able to handle either 220-701 or 220-702.
I mastered the 220-701 in september, but I failed by 23 percent on the 220-702 just last week.
Don't ever take those tests lightly as they will thoroughly test your technology expert skills.

220-701 wants a minimum score of 675, the 220-702 wants a mininum of 700 to pass and nothing less.
Both tests are 168.00 each so your looking to spend around 310.00 for both.
I recommend you study for about a month and then do the pre-testing software, if you don't read the book and go straight to the software and expect to pass your in for a rude awakening, read!

Also if your interested I would suggest network+ as it is a step from A+ plus 701-702 will mention somethings about networking to get you ready for the next step.

If your interested I can you very good info for the comptia a+ shoot me a message in my profile and I'll send it to you by email the next day.

NOTE: To any mods that see please move this thread it's in the wrong forum.

Hey I tried PMing you about the information you said you could share about the CompTIA A+ Exams. However, the site isn't allowing me to send Personal Messages at the moment so if you want to just e-mail me at DaveCurbow [at] hotmail [dot]com that would be great.

Thanks again for the information above, I do appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom