Certifcation questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

{Mr.Gh0$t}

Solid State Member
Ok I live in Tennessee...simply put this state is dumber than any other I've ever lived in as far as curriculum in the high school and computers.

Been playing around on computers ever since I was a toddler so to speak and over the past few years I've honed my knowledge and whatnot to become an all around "computer guy."

I'm currently 17 and my high school education has go to hell and now I'm forced to GED out, was looking at the A+ certification. I read the books and whatnot, seems like pretty basic stuff.

Now what I'm wondering is what should I get past A+? What are the most "marketable" certifications to have nowadays and which certifications will pay off in the long run?

I can basically comprehend anything computer-related in a good amount of time and have no problem learning at all...

Suggestions? please?

Need some kind of future lol

y i dont understand y you have to GED out i mean if you do that jobs wont like it even if you have certifications and degree's. But if you want go and look for place that are hiring and ask them what they are asking so then you can see all and what you need. Because some places want different things.

Heyyo,

Yeah, pretty much depends on what kindof job you're looking for. I'm going for my A+ Hardware on friday, software and networking+ the following week.. yeah, hectic.

Now, I'm pretty much aiming quite low and just going for a job in a comp shop. Ya know? nothing too major, but I get to work lots with computers. It's the kindof work I like. Now, you might want something more corporate, or maybe the same as me. Like Dark said, go up to a person or workplace that you'd like to work for, and ask what they require for certs. For just working inna comp shop you just need A+. server+/network+ and the rest is just bonus. :)

Before I was thinking of being a server admin for any office. For that you'd need MSCE. Usually after that you can gear yourself towards security+ apparently. So yeah, gotta love those certs. :D

MCSE and MCSA are really good ones to get for working on Servers and Workstations (Microsoft based, of course).

CCNA or CCDP is really good if you want to work on routers and switches, and network infrastructure.

Consider getting an IT diploma from an accredited college as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom